Stored securely and centrally to reduce the response time for potential fire outbreak in hazardous areas in factories or in large refinery where the consequences of a fire are often dramatic.
Fire hoses are also used in case of flooding, for quickened safe dewatering of large or small areas.
- Manufactured in accordance with BS 6391 Type 1. The hose has obtained the EU “Wheel – Mark” maritime certification for diameter 38mm (1 1/2”) and 51mm (2”) and has a BV Type approval for diameter 65mm (2 1/2”)
- Mandals Mertex is a circular woven hose with an extruded inner lining of thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU).
- The hose is very lightweight yet rugged with good mechanical properties.
- The hose can operate from -30°C to + 75C°( -22°F to +167°F),
intermittent use up to +80°C (+176°F).
- The hose can be delivered in continuous lengths.
|INTERNAL DIAMETER||WALL THICKNESS||WEIGHT||BURST PRESSURE||TENSILE STRENGTH|
|Inch||mm||Inch||mm||Lbs / Ft||Kg / m||Psl||Bar||x 1000 Lbs||Tons|
|1 1/2||38.1 + 1.6||0.06||1.6||0.13||0.20||870||60||12.7||5.7|
|2||51.5 + 2.0||0.07||1.8||0.19||0.28||800||55||16.0||7.2|
|2 1/2||64.5 + 2.0||0.07||1.8||0.24||0.36||725||50||19.3||8.7|
- NOTE: MINIMUM SAFETY FACTOR BP/WP IS 2:1 (50%) FOR ALL NON-HAZARD AND/OR NON-FLAMMABLE LIQUIDS.
- ISSUE 3.0 – 15.08.21