- Number of bends: More bend => Higher friction => Higher traction
- Bend angle and R/D ratio: Sharp bends => Higher friction and greater risk of damage to the hose during retraction.
Can be dampened with good lubrication (silicone oil / cooking oil etc) on hose. High R/D ratio means less curvature and facilitates retraction, but also less “buckling” or folding of the hose at the smallest curvature radius
(2) Depending on Operating Temperature. Contact Fenner Mandals for further advice
(3) A Safety Factor of 2,5 is applied
(4) Theoretical calculated Tensile Strength. Efficiency factor of 0,8 is applied
(5) In-house Test procedure ( Double strokes –ds)
(6) Test procedure: NS-EN ISO 8033 (increased requirements)